Surrey Downs members are a friendly bunch and we enjoy many days and evenings in each others company. Our main activities are:
- Annual miniten and boules (petanque) competitions (with plenty of informal training sessions in between)
- Easter indoor Table Tennis, Pool, Darts and Snooker competitions
- Visits from other CCBN clubs - they usually camp over a weekend - including Noah's Ark Club and Young British Naturists
- A variety of social events throughout the year,
mostly involving a good excuse for a feast and even getting dressed up in silly clothes!
Recent examples are barbeques, Hawaiian evenings, Quizzes and even Bow Ties & Tiaras for Valentines
- The sauna is on ahead of most events (if only to keep the plates warm!)
- At the start of the season we hold a Visit Day, which is publicised in advance in the local press.
These events are well attended by local people who are interested in the naturist lifestyle - we have gained a number of new members in this way
- To prove it is possible to have fun with our clothes ON, we occasionally join in the local village Barn Dance,
visit the panto or go out for a textile meal and let someone else do the cooking!
- But perhaps the most awaited event of the year is when the pool reaches 80F and Sue goes in for her first swim of the season!